Authorities in India are investigating whether Binance’s WazirX was used in a money-laundering operation related to betting apps that have collected more than $134 million in the past 10 months, Bloomberg reported Friday.
- The country’s anti-money laundering agency, the Enforcement Directorate, wants to question Binance executives and is awaiting their response, Bloomberg said, citing unidentified people with knowledge of the issue.
- The Enforcement Directorate is investigating Chinese-operated betting apps that allegedly laundered some of these funds through the Binance-owned crypto exchange.
- Binance did not immediately respond to CoinDesk’s request for comment.
- Binance to Wind Down Derivatives in Europe; Malaysia Orders Closure
- CoinDCX in Talks With Facebook Co-Founder to Raise Up to $120M: Report
- Traders, Unswayed by Axie Infinity Hype, Are Aggressively Shorting AXS
- Israeli Bill Would Force Crypto Investors to Report Holdings Above $61K
Go to Source
Recommended Crypto Services, Products and Strategies:
The first thing any crypto investor needs is is a reliable and secure Crypto Wallet. Whether you’re looking for an online wallet, hardware wallet, desktop or mobile wallet, Crypto Renegade provides you with all the Best Crypto Wallets in each category.
When you’re ready to buy more crypto, or exchange your coins for others, Crypto Renegade’s list of the Best Crypto Exchanges has you covered. The Crypto Exchanges recommended here offer everything from simplicity and convenience to advanced trading platforms and profit sharing.
If you want to learn more about the methods and tools that can be used to find Great Crypto Projects, then be sure to check out Crypto Renegade’s strategy for How To Find The Best Cryptocurrency.
For those people that don’t have any money to invest right now, or just want to understand the technology a bit more, you’ll definitely want to check out Crypto Renegade’s Free Crypto Strategy and start collecting Free Coins today!
What do you think about cryptocurrency? Do you have any questions about it? Be sure to leave a comment below.